Saturday, April 12

Can you lift your hands?

Look at this girl...


Imagine that you are her, holding on to so many shopping bags.
But they are bags of:
  • worries
  • family problems
  • money problems
  • stress caused by mountains of homework
  • stress of work politics
  • fear of overcoming yourself and know more friends
  • fear of failure
  • poor self-image
  • tired from everything routine in life
  • things that you want to overcome with no avail
  • and the list goes on forever
So...
If you have all these bags on your hands, how do you lift your hands?


I was just looking back at my life.
I'm in church for coming to 6 years, choir for 5 years, CG helper for 4 years, daughter and granddaughter all my life-18 years...

What have i achieved?

Well, I'm still in church. Still a choir member(though i want to be a BV). Still a CG helper(now resting). Staying with grandma(when I'm supposed to stay with my mum).
You can say,
"Not bad what...you are comfortable and same...not much changes is a good thing!"

BUT I'M NOT SATISFIED!!!!!!!

I not happy that I'm not rising up in choir or becoming a CGL or the best granddaughter or daughter i can be!!!!
Yet i still have so many things that I'm struggling with, which i find are the things that stop me from achieving what i want despite how hard i try.

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

As i was worshiping God today, i was really hungry for more of Him! I wanted more of God in my life.
"God, let me decrease and YOU increase in my life! I want to worship You, for that gives me victory that i need!"

And God began to show me this vision.
I carried so many bags with my. Bags of family problems, school work, ministry and self-image etc.
My hand was so full of all these bag that i could not lift my hand to worship God like Moses.

Moses had to keep on worshiping with his hands lifted so that his country would win the war. Whenever he got tired and put down his hands, his country would lose the war.

So God told me,
"You have no breakthroughs and are stuck in the same problem because you chose to hold on to all these bags and depend on your own strength to fight the war."
"Throw away all these baggages and give them to Me."
"Lift your hands to worship Me, depend on my strength, you will experience all the breakthroughs."

YA...
No wonder I've been trying so hard yet no breakthroughs.
I help on to the bags and tried to fight on my own strength.
I was tired.

I told God,
"Yes, I'll give up trying to be this and that. I'll give up to be CGL and BV. I'll give up on my family. I GIVE UP!"

Cause i give up depending on my own strength, and start depending on God's strength!

Psalm 46

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. A Song for Alamoth.
1 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.

7 The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

8 Come, behold the works of the LORD,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

No comments: